Launching your EnhanceFitness Program
“The more I look at our member data and the incredible achievement of participants, the greater my passion grows for EF. You are part of something truly amazing and life changing.”– An EnhanceFitness Affiliate
Your organization has chosen to join the EnhanceFitness affiliate network. What’s next?
Identify your EF class site(s) and schedule class days and times
- Facilities should be accessible and have space available for three 1-hour classes with 24 hours rest in between, typically on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Classes should be offered in accessible facilities. Check out guidelines and recommendations from our partners at NCHPAD.
- Sites must have space and time available to offer three 1-hour classes per week, allowing for 24 hours of rest required between strength training sessions. For example, classes may be scheduled on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Allow time for set-up and break-down, too!
- Sites should have a place to store weights.
Recruit Instructor(s), at least one per class
The safety of your participants is of the utmost importance. To ensure that EF instructors have a suitable background, we strongly recommend they hold a nationally-recognized fitness instructor certification or equivalent. Review instructor qualifications and recommendations here.
- Find information on recruiting and retaining effective instructors for physical activity programs (at acefitness.org).
- Search for certified fitness instructors by Zip code at acefitness.org and at ideafit.com.
- Verify instructors’ certifications at usreps.org
Train your Instructor(s) in the EnhanceFitness protocol
- Your instructors will be trained by an EnhanceFitness Master Trainer in the EF protocol, in special considerations for working with older adult exercisers, and in how to lead a group exercise class.
- Contact us to coordinate a training or connect your instructors with an already scheduled training.
- Once trained, EF Instructors will have access to a private Facebook page and other resources for support
Prepare your site for class
- Purchase or have available music (optional) – note: many instructors provide their own
- Each participant needs a chair and weights and 5′ x 5′ clutter-free space
- Purchase adjustable
- Many instructors and participants enjoy music during class, but this is not required. Many instructors provide their own. You may also purchase music from a specialized vendor, such as Muscle Mixes Music. Muscle Mixes Music provides special discounted pricing to EnhanceFitness instructors.
Market your class and recruit participants
- Project Enhance will provide you with customizable templates for brochures and flyers
- Make sure Project Enhance has your sites’ name and address so that they can be added to the Locator page
- Recruit participants through local media, health care providers and senior center newsletters