Why Choose Enhance®Fitness?
There are many reasons to choose EnhanceFitness as your organization’s evidence-based physical activity and falls prevention program:
- Improved health outcomes for your participants!
- Designated Arthritis Friendly by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Designated Fall Prevention program federally
- No expensive equipment – you can have it up and running at your facility in no time!
- Ongoing and fun program available three times a week, every week! Facilitates referrals and adherence
- Technical support and resources included
- Instructors receive in person training and a detailed illustrated manual, which will give them the expertise they need to lead classes and measure participants’ progress
- Web-based data collection reporting system available! Includes standardized outcomes reports for participants, your agency and your funders
- Meets all recommendations for older adults in the US HHS Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, 2nd edition released November 2018
- When you join, you join a supportive national network of EnhanceFitness affililiates
“It gives me something to look forward to. The exercises strengthen my limbs, I’m more active, I feel better, I’m not just lying around the house”. – EnhanceFitness Participant
The pilot study began in 1993 at Northshore Senior Center in Bothell, WA and the response from participants was immediate and overwhelmingly positive.
Even before the pilot study ended, participants were requesting to use the program as a permanent exercise activity at the center. Not only were the older adults excited about participating, but study measures showed that the group improved significantly in almost every dimension tested, from physical and social functioning to levels of pain and depression. The pilot results, published in the Journal of American Geriatrics Society, showed that the program significantly improved overall fitness and health.
The original independent study demonstrated that participants realized:
- 13% improvement in social function
- 52% improvement in depression
- 35% improvement in physical functioning